Visa | Annoucements | Venue | Conference Photos




For most of the non-Chinese citizens, in addition to a valid passport, you will need to get a visa for China. For more detailed visa information please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in China. (

Please refer to the following instructions to get a valid visa.

1. First, be sure your passport is valid. In addition to a visa for China, you need a valid passport for any international travel.

2. Know which categories of the Chinese Visa you need.

There are numerous types of Visas available to non-Chinese residents when visiting China. You will need to apply for the correct type of Visa, depending on the purpose of your travel to China. For conference attendees, we recommend you to apply for "L" type visa or "F" type visa.

3. Applying for "L" category visa

For most foreign visitors, a visa is needed when visiting China. An easiest way is to apply for an "L" category visa (or a tourist visa). You may apply for such a visa all by yourself. You can go to the Chinese Embassies, Consulates and other Chinese diplomatic missions to submit application in person; if you can't come personally, you can entrust someone else, a travel agency or a visa agency to act on your behalf.

4. Applying for "F" category visa

If you are required to apply for an "F" category visa, you probably need a letter of invitation or an Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit. For an Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit, please fill in the blanks of the visa section in the registration page.

For visitors who intend to apply for an "F" category visa of multiple entries, please leave a message in the remarks session. Please also provide an electronic version of the "F" category visa you got before and the future visiting plans to China (at least 2 more entries to China in one year and the purpose, time, place, funding, of your visits)

Please note that the application of an Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit requires at least fifteen work days. The issued letters Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit will be sent by email. Applicants should initiate the process as early in their travel plans as possible, adequate time (> 2 months) should be allowed for processing visa applications.

5. Submitting visa application materials to your local Chinese consulate or embassy

1. Please note that different countries or cities may require different visa application materials. Please visit the website of the local Chinese consulate or embassy to check the necessary materials before submitting them.
2. Please note that it is the foreign guest's responsibility to obtain an appropriate visa on time.
3. The IHEP staff would provide assistances (such as letters of invitation) and suggestions during the process however please understand we are not associated with any visa office or agency and have no control of the outcome of the visa application process.
4. For more information and help about getting a valid Chinese visa you may visit:












Copyright ©2002-2014 Institute of High Energy Physics, CAS, Questions and Comments to
  Important dates

Website Opening:
Aug. 15 2016

Opening of Abstract Submission: Sept. 30 2016

Opening of Online Registration: Sept. 30 2016

Opening of Hotel Reservation: Sept. 30 2016 

Deadline for Abstract Submission
Feb. 10 2017
Deadline Extension Feb. 17 2017

Deadline for early registration
Feb. 15 2017
Deadline Extension Apr. 10 2017
(23:59Beijing Time)

Deadline for online registration : 
Apr. 15 2017

Deadline for paper submission:
June 26 2017


  Previous Conferences  
  2014 - Amsterdam, the Netherlands  
  2011 - Chicago, USA  
  2009 - Tsukuba, Japan  

Printable image with high-resolution